Unicom Tranzit is a private rail freight carrier and forwarder operating in Romania since 1994. We are part of the Unicom Group.
The company’s philosophy is based on the following principles:
- our clients are treated as partners and we are aware that our success depends on their success
- we try to attract and train people who want to excel and are able to capitalize on our material resources and to value especially themselves
- we maintain a fleet of performant and diversified rolling stock, capable of efficiently meeting the requirements of rail transport
As mentioned before, one of the strengths of our company is the competence of our team. This is made up of positive, intelligent people, keen to continuously improve the way we work and find the best solutions for our clients. Their training allows us to offer superior quality services that we strive to improve on a permanent basis.
We want to distinguish ourselves through the consistency with which we fulfill our commitments to our customers. We act on the principle that every client is entitled to have the following expectations from us:
- to carry out in a timely and safe manner the engaged services
- to maintain a relationship based on trust and transparency, fully informing the client about any problem that has arisen and promptly acting for a solution
- to learn and adapt to its requirements in order to help the customer optimize its working processes
- to efficiently manage our resources and support the customer in their effort to be as competitive as possible on the market
The rail transport can be seen as a vascular system of modern economy. Its role is to bring the necessary resources to the right place at the right time. In this system, our company represents several arteries that, when we go to the end of the mission, the parts that depend on us (our customers and partners) grow, develop and thus thrive together.
Our clients are Romanian and multinational companies from various industries. Most of them are doing business in Romania, and some of them choose it as a transit country. These are some of our reputable customers:
We work with operators and transport organizations around the world and are open for new collaborations.
On a regional level, we have cooperation agreements with the state railway operators in Serbia, Ukraine and Moldova and with private operators in Hungary and Bulgaria, which gives us an important link for the railway traffic that passes through South East Europe.
In Romania, we collaborate with other private operators on specific projects. For example, a current project is to organize, together with our partners, a common fleet of wagons and a transport network dedicated to the transport of goods in groups of wagons and isolated wagons.
This would provide companies with a relatively small volume of transport goods, a viable alternative to the current transport variant. The result would be an improvement in the quality and transport rates for these companies.